DMDC Error? Here’s What To Do

Sometimes the Defense Military Data Center (DMDC) or the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Centralized Verification Service (SCRACVS), based upon DMDC information, reports wrong information. There can be many explanations for a DMDC error. The military branch (i.e. Army, Navy, etc.) may not have sent an update. There could have also been a name-change not yet reported to the DMDC.

If you become aware of a DMDC error, the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is the agency to contact.  The contact needs to be initiated by the servicemember, either in person at a local ID office or by signing into milConnect, choosing “My Profile” and clicking “Update and View My Profile.” Scroll to the bottom and click “Submit” to add or update any of your contact information.  Further information can be found on the DMDC website. Neither the DMDC nor the SCRACVS can assist with this.

Contact information for DEERS:

Phone:  1-800-538-9552

Fax:       1-831-655-8317

Mail:      DMDC/DEERS Support Office,  400 Gigling Road, Seaside, CA 93955-6771

Recently a mass-mailing requested that servicemembers and their families verify information on the DEERS system.  The instructions for that verification can be found at

Attorney Roy Kaufmann serves as the Director of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Centralized Verification Service, located in Washington, D.C. As a recognized authority on the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Mr. Kaufmann has published hundreds of articles and hosted many webinars. His teachings help law firms and businesses to remain compliant with the SCRA rules and regulations so as to avoid costly fines.