The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act is a federal law offering protections to active-duty military members.
Anyone seeking court judgments, collections, repossessions or foreclosures against a debtor must verify military status before proceeding to avoid incurring fines and other penalties. You can obtain this military verification, as well as nonmilitary affidavits, from the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Centralized Verification Service (SCRACVS).
Creditors must stay in compliance with the SCRA. SCRA rules apply to default judgments, rental agreements, security deposits, evictions, credit card interest rates, mortgage interest rates, mortgage foreclosure, automobile leases, life and health insurance and more.
If you need verification that someone is or is not in the military, then register with us today. Even if you don’t have their Social Security number or date of birth, we can help you. We can deliver a nonmilitary affidavit as quickly as the day after inquiry.
Our Military Status Verification Service in Support of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Easy registration— The registration process is simple and fast.
- No recurring fees — You pay one time only, when you submit the name for search. The cost is $36.40.
- No risk — If SCRACVS cannot provide verification, you can purchase an affidavit of due diligence or get a full refund.
- No Social Security number required — Provided you have enough other information (addresses, names of relatives, etc.) we are usually able to obtain a solid verification without the DMDC disclaimer that often poses problems for courts.
- Affidavits — Affidavits of military status (with DMDC certificate) and affidavits of due diligence are available (surcharge of $20).
- Full tracking and sorting — Track, retain and sort records according to your chosen parameters, including name, date, status, etc.
- Support — Live support is available via phone or chat.
- Security — We do all interaction on our site via SSL. We leverage a fully validated, 256-bit, encrypted security certificate with military-grade encryption technology.
- Batch processing and scrubbing — Stand-alone module is available for lenders, servicers, processors and counsel for more than 750 inquiries per month. Our batch processing fully integrates into your database, complete with a stored PDF of the DMDC certificate and full tracking.
Why Use SCRACVS
Frequently, you must present evidence in court that you have done an adequate search for military status. Our website offers a verification method that is much more efficient and less costly than writing directly to the individual branches of the military.
Furthermore, going that latter route can mean waiting months to get results. Additionally, some branches of the armed forces have now indicated they are no longer able process active military duty requests. They attribute this to a lack of resources. Experienced users find SCRACVS to be far superior to the DMDC site. One major difference is that SCRACVS offers affidavits and excellent customer support via phone and chat.
Conducting a DMDC Military Search
If you want to use our site for verifying DMDC records, start by completing our simple registration form. It’s easy to register, and you don’t pay until you perform a military status search through our encrypted portal.
Providing a Social Security number is the quickest way to get results. But in most other cases, you may be able to conduct your SCRA search with other personal data, too. Such data may include a date of birth, names of relatives, addresses, telephone numbers or even the names of businesses to which the subject might be related. Our reporting also covers people who have recently retired from the military.
You can pay for each military search through PayPal or with a credit card. Once paid, you’ll be able to track each stage of your process, and you’ll get confirmation emails for your records. You can order a notarized military affidavit at a cost of $20. It’s simple, it’s fast, it’s safe and it saves you time and money.